So close… 4 days from our planned departure to Cape York and Brisbane was locked down due to a COVID19 outbreak! Today we planned to have been trucking up the Bruce Highway with plans to reach St Lawrence tonight, the first of several long driving days to reach end of the bitumen and start of the Cape’s dirt roads and tracks.
At this stage we’re sitting tight and waiting to hear if the lockdown will end at 4PM Sunday, allowing us to hit the road and escape the south east Queensland corner. We’ll then fast track to Bramwell Station, skipping the Lakefield NP section of our original itinerary until another time. From here we’ll drop onto the Old Telegraph Track where the real adventure begins.
If the lockdown continues we’ll have to reconsider the trip, perhaps scheduling it after the TVAN arrives (which would be a great maiden voyage), or more likely next year…
We’ll keep you updated, here’s hoping everybody out there behaves, stays at home and the outbreak is roped in quickly!
If you haven’t already subscribed now might be a good time to drop your email down below so that you receive a notification in your inbox each time we post a blog.
Stay safe and stay well 😉